Thursday, June 30, 2011

American Flag 4th of July decoration made from Christmas Ornaments

I'm in the process of doing a big clean out. While going through my stash of stuff I tend to get ideas. That is just where today's project came from. I didn't plan it, it just happened.

I was going through boxes and one contained Christmas ornaments. Rolling around in the back of my mind was the need to do some 4th of July decorating. My eye happened to catch red, white and blue ornaments and the light bulb went off! Or is it on????

So I grabbed the ornaments, some wire and wire cutters and off to the front gate. I was planning on wiring the ornaments in a wreath shape but as I realized that the ornaments dangled so nicely in the openings of the chain link I thought of doing an American Flag motif.

As I was beginning to wire the ornaments on a neighbor walked by and said, "Christmas in July?" and I pointed out the beginning of my flag motif and he thought it was a great idea!

This ornaments hanging in the spaces of a chain link fence has an added bonus-it shimmers and sparkles like the back of a Sparklets truck!

Have a Happy 4th of July ya'll!

3 comments:

Phil said...

Can't wait for the fourth of july as what katy perry's songs said.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

How clever! Have a Happy 4th of July, Stef!!

Guantes De Latex said...

Awesome, i am always looking for new ideas. This is beautiful and unique.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin